Saturday, April 21, 2012

Slash Played


So... how long have you been playing this game? I worked out a simple algorithm to determine how to convert /played into semester hours. But first! I started playing Rift. Its an interesting game. The combat already has much more depth at level 10 than anything wow has sub level 40.

Graphics are interesting and its been awhile since I've had the chance to enjoy blissful ignorance. But its also frustrating playing something where I don't already know exactly where to gear or level. Its fun and free for the first 20 levels so I'd recommend trying it out.

So about WoW and slash played. Could you really have completed a degree with all the time you've spent playing?

Some simple steps to convert to semester hours:
1. Multiple your days played by 24 to get a number of hours
2. Add in your hours played to get a total number of hours
3. Divide this number by 40 to get the equivalent number of semester hours

Now check this number against these values:
64+ Associates ( approx. 107 days /played)
124+ Bachelors ( approx. 207 days /played)
170+ Masters ( approx. 283 days /played)
200+ PhD (approx. 333 days /played)

My f2p wow account has approximately 34.5 days played across all characters. Half of this is mage played time. In order to find my paid account stats I finally accepted a scroll of resurrection. Yes, I used the one time only scroll for research. Altoholic made this extremely easy. I simply logged into each toon and altoholic recorded all the /played data.

My main wow account has approximately 269 days played across all characters. There is a character or two I deleted here that probably add up to approximately 10 days (original deleted vulcano is at least that much /played). But wait, there is more. I also had a twink account that mostly contained 29s and 39s. Realistically, most of that /played time is already accounted for on my main account by taking myself through nearly infinite Uldaman runs. I played mage warrior and lock the most. I imagine at least 10 days each. So there is at least 30 days played on my twink account.

My grand total is over 343.5 days. Also known as a PhD in WoW. The vast majority of that time is spent on mages, shamans, and finally rogues. Its a little sad to know that PhD in WoW doesn't pay very well. The market is probably oversaturated anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment