Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The Word Twink


I began the perilous journey of the first step. The task was simple, research the history of twinking. Twinking means different things to different people. The history of "twinking" goes back to pen and paper games. I know what it means to me, and know what it means to most people. I began the search on google. I mean... who wouldn't just google it?

And thus the problem comes out again. The real reason that I twink. But I'll get to that in a moment, for now lets look at the two resources I selected:


Seems straight forward enough. Except this has nothing to do with why I twink. I briefly mentioned my start in twinking in the verbose post There and Back again. I am not a twink. I'm an anti-twink. Realistically, patch 3.2 put an end to anti-twinking. Twinks were all just facing each other at that point right? Well almost. Eventually I heard about F2P twinking and came back. I made a toon on the underdog side and jumped in. The f2p matchs were one-sided as far as gear goes. But I believe I still fullfilled a role of anti-twink, at least for awhile.

I'm going to drop this section from the "How to Twink" guide. I want to focus on the good characteristics only. Such as diligence in performing the best that you can. In fact, I'll probably reorder this as a How to Improve guide instead.


1. How to Improve – leads into what skill is
2. Defining Skill – which leads into
      2.1 Controlling your Character – doing what you want to do
      2.2 Managing Cooldowns – knowing your opponents
      2.3 Decision Making – choosing what you want to do

No comments:

Post a Comment