Tuesday, September 11, 2012

TI/AP as "The Raven"


Once upon a Warsong dreary, while I pondered weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of skillcapped lore,
While I alt-tabbed, nearly dying, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some rogue gently stabbing, stabbing at my back some more.
'Tis some skill-less noob,' I muttered, 'stabbing at my back some more -
Only this, and nothing more.'

Ah, distinctly I recall it was in the early Fall,
And each separate dying horde had wrought its ghost upon the floor,
Eagerly I wished the morrow; - vainly I had sought to borrow
From my vids surcease of sorrow – sorrow for I play no more -
For the rare and radiant AP of whom I miss but play no more -
Nameless here for evermore.

And the imbalance itself of each skill-patched elf
Thrilled me – filled me with fantastic terrors never felt before;
So that now, to still the beating of my heart, I stood repeating
'Tis some AP toon entreating that I play some more -
Some old AP toon entreating that I play some more; -
This it is, and nothing more,'

Presently my toon grew stronger; hesitating then no longer,
'Bad,' said I, 'or Noobie, truly your submission I impore;
But the fact is I was alt-tabbed, and so gently you came tapping,
And so faintly you came stabbing, stabbing at my back some more,
That I scarce was sure I heard you' – here I pet freeze to my fore; -
Smeld there, and nothing more.

Deep into that login peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing,
Doubting, knowing blizzard has nerfed my precious toons before;
But the nerf was indirect, and the login was correct
And the only phrase there spoken was the whispered phrase, “Play More!”
This I whispered, and an echo murmured back the phrase, “Play More!”
Merely this and nothing more.

1 comment:

  1. This was amazing DV. I've read it a few times and really wish that more people were able to see and appreciate this.

    ReplyDelete