Thursday, July 5, 2012

Hiatus 2012


I took a break. It may have been considered long by some, but it was a needed break nonetheless.

  1. Recap
  2. What happened
  3. Now What
  4. Only WoW
  5. Agenda


1. Recap.
  • I had plans for:
    • Writing 'How to Twink' the deadvulcano way
    • Posting GW2 information and videos
  • I was writing periodically on my gaming experience

I will probably still make the 'How to Twink' guide, but it will be slowly built as a side project. The gw2 information is unnecessary with all the coverage already available. (That and I don't want my favorite classes gimped.) The gaming experience will be mainly information about what I'm planning and producing as I work on developing games.


2. What happening?

I have been programming after several years of military work. During these past months I have created a few prototypes of games I've been thinking of making. This most recent prototype, which I built in about 4 weeks, is the most complete game I've ever made. Once it was finally finished I played a few games of wsg again.

I have played 2-5 wsg games periodically. The f2p bracket has changed considerably.


3. Now what?

Programming mostly. I'm not sure if I'll post game ideas and work load here to possibly help other aspiring indie developers. Or if I should just keep a clean split between the various parts of my e-life by producing elsewhere.

I can understand why many people prefer to keep that distinction. But in reality these game developers are also players. Maybe they served in the military for several years as well? Who knows? But I know that watching the journey is much more enjoyable if its easier to understand where the person is coming from.


4. Only WoW?

WoW is why you know about me so far. I still have several hours of f2p footage that I want to put together once my movie making skills have improved. We have known, loved, and played to same game together for years. But playing gw2 really did kill WoW for me. Its not that WoW is unenjoyable, its just that its less enjoyable than gw2 by a substantial margin. I will likely continue to login to WoW because mages have been a large part of my life for years. But the flavor of this blog may change drastically as I open up more information.

5. Agenda:

  • Learn about developing indie games, and develop indie games
  • Build the twink guide, I will probably start with something basic like what the scoreboard means
  • Programming wise I'm working on shaders next, specifically GLSL
  • Adjust the site to reflect elements I'm bringing together now. (does webgl work?)

No comments:

Post a Comment